The retreat will offer 2 hours of daily learning content for 6 consecutive days taught by Helen Adrienne, LCSW. Larry Cammarata, Ph.D. will provide an additional 1.25 hours of daily learning content for 7 consecutive days. This is a total of 20 hours, 45 minutes of learning content for the participants during the 7 nights, 8-day retreat.
Learning Objectives: (Helen Adrienne-12 hours teaching)
- Describe the theory and practice of mindfulness and how it can be applied to the treatment of chronic stress, anxiety, infertility, and physiological dysregulation.
- Discuss how mindfulness can decrease stressors in clients with fertility issues.
- Explain how three specific mindfulness-oriented tools can enhance clients quality of life and support immune system functioning.
- Describe how the practice of mindfulness can improve brain functioning and promote emotional resilience.
- Define “mindfulness”.
- Describe how walking meditation cultivates self-regulation in support of decreasing distress and anxiety.
- Construct hypnotic protocols which induce therapeutic trance states for healing.
- Discuss methods of teaching self-hypnosis.
Living a Fertile Life: Experiencing the Path of Mindfulness retreat will include 1.25 hours daily for 7 days. (8.75 hours) with Larry Cammarata, Ph.D. His content is in addition to the above material. His portion of the retreat will focus on Mindful Movement, and will include a daily introductory lecture.
Mindful Movement: Qigong for Health and Wellness
Larry Cammarata, Ph.D.
The skill of enhanced body awareness can support the presence of both client and clinician. Mindful movement can add dynamism and energy to the treatment process, literally “moving” our clients towards the experience of wholeness while facilitating embodied insight. We will examine mindfulness, mindful movement, and body-oriented strategies designed to facilitate self-regulation, mood stabilization, and enhanced concentration.
Learning Objectives: (Larry Cammarata, Ph.D. 8.75 hours teaching)
- Summarize the status of current research and clinical trends in the area of mindful movement.
- Assess how the practice of mindful movement can be applied in the treatment of psychological disorders.
- Describe the principle uses of qigong, an authentic ancient Chinese meditative movement practice.
- List the essential components of mindful movement.
- Analyze and compare several psychological processes that are facilitated by standardized movements and postures.
- List the two essential elements that define mindfulness, as applied in clinical and educational settings.
- Describe mindfulness practices that promote the integration of mind and body.
Helen Adrienne, LCSW
Founder of Mind-Body Unity
Author of On Fertile Ground Healing InfertilityRetreat Includes:Linda Cammarata, RN, RYT &
Larry Cammarata, Ph.D.
Yoga & Qigong TeachersHelen Adrienne has been a psychotherapist in general private practice since 1979 with a specialty in working with people dealing within fertility. Helen’s training in mind/body therapy and clinical
hypnotherapy facilitates stress reduction in private sessions and in the mind/body stress reduction classes she runs at NYU Fertility Center. Helen has presented at national and international conferences. Her book, On Fertile Ground: Healing Infertility launched as a #1 best seller on Amazon. Her website contains a wealth of information:
- Daily Classes with Helen Adrienne, LCSW
- Daily Qigong and Yoga with Larry Cammarata
- Gorgeous Accommodations on the beach next to the Rainforest
- Delicious Cuisine (all meals)
- Experts Rainforest Guides
- Swimming & Kayaking
- Afternoon Deep Relaxation
- Ground transportation to the Lodge from Puerta Jimenez
- Plus many optional activities available at the Lodge
Registration and full payment due upon registration.
To register contact:
Larry Cammarata has been teaching mindful movement practices for over 20 years. Larry is a clinical psychologist specializing in mindfulness-oriented psychotherapy and education. He has received international recognition as a leader in the field of mindfulness-oriented psychology. He is an instructor of Tai Chi and Qigong who has received advanced training in China and in the US. Both Linda and Larry teach at Yoga teacher training programs and lead international retreats.
www.mind-bodywellness.org- See more at: http://mind-body-unity.com/living-a-fertile-life-retreat/#sthash.rwAdNUcO.dpuf